    are some issues ?
    If someone already have such system I would like to hear som
    temperatures and how loud the cooler is.

    Wozzle, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Fits perfectly on my IS7-G. Similar layout to the IC7.

    Go to the Zalman website they have a list of problematic boards.
    The IC7 is not there neither is the IS7 thats why I bought it.
    www.zalmanusa.com

    Paul Landregan, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Wozzle

    TomG Guest

    I just installed one on mine and it is a fine cooler! no clearance issues
    at all. that thing is huge... almost as big (width-wise) as a Nextel cell I
    carry and it is a non-folding type cell! great temps with it as well...
    right around 44 to 45 at idle, mid 50's under load. as for loud, it is only
    something like 24 dB in full speed mode with a 92 MM fan and they send you a
    "Fan-Mate" speed control to slow it down if you so choose. I am running
    mine without the Fan-Mate and I do not hear it at all over the drives
    spinning and the case fans I have installed. the case fans are not
    screamers, just background noise...

    very polished interface surface for the cpu also... *very* smooth.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 113,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Wozzle

    news Guest

    fits fine on my ic7, excellent cooler too.

    news, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Wozzle

    David P. Guest

    Excellent cooler. It dropped my CPU temps about 12C and had the added bonus
    of dropping the PWM temps significantly.

    I got the CuAl version, which is substantially lighter than the all-copper
    version. The all-copper version substantially exceeds Intel's maximum
    weight guideline for use on their plastic heatsink support frame. The one
    review I found that compared the two versions directly showed very little
    difference in cooling performance between the two.

    Now, if they'd only provide screws that were a silly millimeter longer, the
    thing would be easier to install....

    David P.

    David P., Jul 11, 2003
  6. Wozzle

    TomG Guest

    depending on which "stock cooler" you have... if you ended up with one of
    the older aluminum slugs then it will improve things quite a bit. if you
    got one of the newer Intel coolers with the copper insert on the bottom,
    then it may not be so dramatic.

    here is a link to my Zalman Flower sitting on a wrist rest in front of a KB
    next to a Nextel cell phone for size comparison. It does fit the IC7 with
    no issues:
    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com/Zalman/Zalman%20Flower%20004.jpg

    TomG, Jul 11, 2003
  7. Wozzle

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Geez Tom,

    Maybe your 'puter is well taken care off, but now you need to address
    your cellular needs. The 80's are over, get a new phone.

    J/K

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 11, 2003
  8. Wozzle

    TomG Guest

    uh, that is a work supplied phone. trust me, my personal phone is much
    nicer (and smaller) than that! We use that model because it supports Java
    apps AND is was a phased out model so it was cheap for the company to get
    10,000 or more of them for field use.

    TomG, Jul 11, 2003
  9. Wozzle

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Damn!!! Reminds me of an old joke:

    An Indian chief calls his tribe together and tells them he has bad news
    and good news. So they ask for the bad news first.

    "Well", the chief says: "Our hunting efforts were unsuccessful this
    season and the land did not produce as well as we expected, so our food
    supply is at an all time low. We will have no choice, but to it shit to
    survive"

    "What's the good news, then", asked the tribesmen.

    The Chief replies: "A heard of buffalo has passed by during the night,
    so we will have plenty of shit to go around"

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 11, 2003
  10. Wozzle

    David P. Guest

    Now, if he'd used a current model phone, it might have gotten lost between
    the fins of that monster...

    David P.

    David P., Jul 11, 2003
  11. Wozzle

    John Lewis Guest

    Tom,

    Where did you get your CNPS7000-Cu ?

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 12, 2003
  12. Wozzle

    TomG Guest

    uh, yeah, that's us.

    TomG, Jul 12, 2003
  13. Wozzle

    TomG Guest

    I can't wait to tell out technology people about the shots that are being
    taken at our cell phones <vbg>

    TomG, Jul 12, 2003
  14. Wozzle

    TomG Guest

    Sharka Corp. at www.sharkacorp.com. Not the speediest shippers that I have
    dealt with (processing time after order, I guess) but reasonable and no real
    complaints.

    TomG, Jul 12, 2003
  15. Wozzle

    Gary Guest

    I use the cu and Al version on my IC7-G. I use the 60% setting in the
    bios. I have noted that if I use the supplies speed control set at
    max I get an additional 300 RPM drop in both Hi and Low speed. The
    cooler does not have any install problems. I like it because It is
    easy to remove with the MB in place. I get 39 to 44 for idle temps on
    a stock 2.8 and around 52 at full load. (hi fan set at 55 cut in so
    those temps are at low speed. I used another speed control to dial
    the NB fan down to the mid 3 thousands. As said above the cooler
    cools the entire area and my NB and PW stay very cool.

    I am very pleased with the cooler.

    Gary

    Gary, Jul 13, 2003
  16. Wozzle

    TomG Guest

    do you use Motherboard Monitor by any chance? and if so, have you been able
    to see the fan RPM having been cut back by the bios 60% setting?

    TomG, Jul 13, 2003
  17. Wozzle

    Gary Guest

    Hi Tom:

    Not sure what you are asking. But yes when I set the Bios to 60%
    speed I see on the Bios indicators and hear the fan slow down. I also
    see the lower reading on the Abit supplied mother monitor. 60% speed
    is about 1900 RPM without the resistor in line and about 1600 RPM with
    the resistor in line (set to max). I have noted that the resistor
    does not affect the fan speed much when the Bios % speed is set.

    I have not checked out this next part much. But when it passes the
    set temp and goes to max speed, it does not easly (have not seen it do
    ot yet) switch back to the lower speed when it cools off.

    Hope that answers your question.

    Gary

    Gary, Jul 13, 2003
  18. Wozzle