    Hi

    Fits the CNPS7000A-AlCu in my P4P800-E Deluxe?

    TIA

    Peter Wagner, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Peter Wagner

    Paul Guest

    Check here. Note that you need around 1cm clearance from the upper
    edge of the motherboard, to the metal casing of the power supply.
    So, whether it will work, really depends on what kind of computer
    case you are using. Some computer cases allow as little as 1mm of
    room from the upper edge of the motherboard, to the metal casing
    of the power supply, and a computer case like that will not allow
    you to use the Zalman. The motherboard is not the limiting item
    in this case, it is the spacing of the components inside your
    computer case.

    http://www.zalman.co.kr/product/cooler/7000(AB)_478MBlist_eng.htm

    That web page lists motherboards that are _not_ compatible, so since
    the P4P800-E Deluxe is not listed, it is safe to use.

    To protect the fins on the heatsink, it is best to install it, after
    the rest of the components are installed in your computer case. The
    screws are relatively easy to install - you should practice first, to
    see whether you can manage to get them to engage or not, before
    putting all the components in your computer case.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Aug 9, 2004

  3. Peter Wagner

    Peter Wagner Guest

    Paul wrote:

    Paul,

    Thank you very much for your answer.
    I'll hope so.
    It's possible that the site isn't up to date?!
    Thanks for the hint.
    If it wouldn't fit, I'll cut the fins with a plate shears. :)

    Peter Wagner, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Peter Wagner

    Peter Wagner Guest

    Hi Paul

    I've received my Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu today.
    Unlike the boxed Intel cooler it's a very quiet cooler!
    It was a very good bargain.
    The spacing between the PSU and the fins of the heatsinks is about 5 mm.

    Peter Wagner, Aug 11, 2004