    Moniter..All comments are welcome...

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Kevin Wright, Nov 18, 2003

  2. I'm using the CNPS7000A-CU (all copper) version of this cooler
    with an 865PERLK motherboard and a 3.2 GHz P4, and like it a lot.

    Installation is straight forward and there is more than adequate
    clearance all around. It's big and heavy, so be careful when you
    move the PC. In a tower case it'll be in a horizontal position,
    and could easily damage the CPU and/or motherboard if the case
    should get dropped or pushed around a bit.

    Running it continuously at full speed (without the fan-mate) at
    2,400rpm, I cannot hear it above a quiet power supply exhaust
    fan.

    The "fan-mate" is just an adjustable wire-wound resistor and is
    useless, since it prevents the motherboard BIOS from properly
    reading the fan speed at bootup. You'll get nothing but error
    beeps from the BIOS and no bootup if you have the fan-mate set at
    anything below full speed. I therefore disconnected it
    completely.

    Best regards,
    Ivan Vestergaard

    Ivan Vestergaard, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Kevin Wright

    Strontium Guest

    -
    This is circumvented by disabling fan monitoring, in CMOS.

    Strontium, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Kevin Wright

    Kevin Wright Guest

    Thanks I saw that note in the directions...I was unable to use it
    though..Unless I wanted to carve up my PSU or re-locate it out of the
    case...

    Kevin

    Kevin Wright, Nov 26, 2003
  5. This is an excellent CPU cooler and is my first choice for excellent
    cooling and low noise. I have one on my D875PBZ MB with a 3.0GHz P4.
    Under a full gamming load and with the CPU fan running at 100%, the
    CPU temperature never gets over 127 degF. This is somewhat dependent
    on the interior air temperature that I keep at 89 degF or less. I do
    not use the fan-mate because I have another solution for fan speed
    control (a Matrix Orbital LCD display).

    Frank Fussenegger, Dec 4, 2003