Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu for NF7-S

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Stuart Ellington, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Will a Zalman CNP7000A-Cu work on an NF7-S? Looking to quiet my system.

    Stuart Ellington, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Stuart Ellington

    Zork Z Guest

    Yes, it will fit with a small modification. You have to cut off a
    small part of the clip support.

    Zork Z, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Stuart Ellington

    Zork Z Guest

    Yes, with a small modification. You have to cut of a bit of the clip
    support. I did it and i'm happy with the performance and low noise
    level.

    Zork Z, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Stuart Ellington

    Zork Z Guest

    Yes it will fit with a small modification. You have to cut off a small
    part of the clip support. I did it and are happy with the noise level
    and cooling performance.

    Zork Z, Nov 18, 2003
  5. In ,
    Do you have any links or sites, wich shows how its done ?

    Bjarke Ravn-Jonsen, Nov 18, 2003
  6. Stuart Ellington

    Zork Z Guest

    No, but it's a easy 5min job.

    --------------|---------|
    O | O |
    ------------- |---------|
    | <--cut here

    Screwdriver,screw of the fan and clipsupport, use a metallsaw and
    cut off the outermost hole on one side only, the socket 754 hole.

    Zork Z, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Is there anything quieter/better out there? Don't feel comfortable cutting a
    $40 fan.

    Stuart Ellington, Nov 20, 2003
  8. Stuart Ellington

    LeeBos Guest

    When I looked, I could not find anything quieter. It's only the bracket, not
    the Fan assembly itself. Easy to do with a Dremel tool and cutoff wheel.

    LeeBos, Nov 20, 2003