    really do love to mount it anyway. Did anybody try this combination already
    and what tweak you came with for the clearance issue ?

    Thanks,

    The Yellow Flopo, Dec 4, 2003

  2. The Yellow Flopo

    BUFF Guest

    I haven't personally but I have read from people that have.
    You have to cut part of the Zalman mounting.

    BUFF, Dec 4, 2003

  3. From previous searches on the Net,

    pictures of the rev. 2.0's layout: there is plenty of clearance around the
    socket and the big capacitors should be off the way. The main problems could
    arise from:

    1) Aluminum-made clips support: the may crunch small ICs beneath them once
    torqued.
    2) the socket put to high on the top edge, hence some of the cooler's fins
    bumping on the ATX power supply.

    one can workaround problem uno but I have no ideas about the PS one...

    Anyone?

    The Yellow Flopo, Dec 4, 2003
  4. The Yellow Flopo

    MTV Guest

    Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu on Abit BF7-S rev 2.0 is possible because I did it,
    BUT : you need to cut a small part of one of the aluminium clips
    (otherwise it is bumping into a big capacitor near socket and you CAN'T fix
    it on the socket).

    The operation is not really difficult, you just need a hacksaw and be good
    with your hands. If not, forget about it !

    (I am talking about the Zalman AlCu version, I don't know for the full Cu
    version)

    After this operation, everything is working fine : my 2500+ Barton is 39°C
    (it was 53°C before with old cooler) and noise is acceptable.

    MTV, Dec 4, 2003
  5. The Yellow Flopo

    JK Guest

    Nono
    I have NF7 vers. 2.0 and zalman 7000a

    The big capacitors are in the way for the pin mounting the cooler to
    the 2 bridges mounted on the 4 holes around socket.

    One have to cut a part of with a saw:

    |___O__O______________O__O___|

    Cut if of just to the left of the second O. Since the leftmost hole is
    not used for anything on socketA.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Dec 5, 2003
  6. The Yellow Flopo, Dec 5, 2003
  7. Update:

    http://www.materiel.be/viewnews.php?n=2240 (French-written article)

    In a nutshell:

    - swap the gray Al bridge clip with the blue-anodized one (this shaped-one
    doesn't bump on the NF7-S rev. 2.0's capacitors)

    http://www.materiel.be/news/temp/fixation.jpg

    - sharp-cut one of the clip's end as stated below in the thread.

    Et voila! (though I haven't checked it for myself yet...)

    The drawback may be an incompatibility with your future Athlon 64 platform
    (the outermost holes are required).

    -The Yellow Flopo

    The Yellow Flopo, Dec 5, 2003