    I'm currently looking for a new video card. The Sapphire 9800 pro w/ 256 mb
    comes with the Zalman fanless cooler. Are there any cards like this coming
    out with the nVidia NV40 chipset?

    boe, Apr 26, 2004

  2. boe

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Pfff, that card will run hot... hotter then the 9800 XT ..and probably
    even heater has the X800

    But Zalman has a fan that can run either on 7v or 12v. Self I have a
    9800 Pro with a Zalman Heatsink..and I was adviced and it's needed for
    the extra fan to be there. Even if it's just running at 7v..air must
    flow!

    Dark Avenger, Apr 27, 2004

  3. boe

    tq96 Guest

    But Zalman has a fan that can run either on 7v or 12v. Self I have a
    ....which doesn't matter much. At the lowest fan speed setting (5V), the
    fan is probably inaudible during normal use. It certainly lived up to my
    expectations. :)

    tq96, Apr 27, 2004