    vf700 fan connecter to the 12V multi conncenter wich came with the package
    and connected the multi conector to the power supply of my computer.

    Any help will be mcu appreciated...TIA, Rick.

    Rick, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Rick

    Thomas Kohl Guest

    Well, if you encounter graphic problems it seems not everything has gone
    well, duh.
    Did you, by any chance apply the Ram-heatsinks?If so, how much force did
    you use to apply them to the chips?Chances are you either broke some of
    the Ram on your card or you chipped a piece of the GPU core, enjoy your
    Radeon 9800 paperweight.

    Cheers,Thomas.

    Thomas Kohl, Apr 1, 2006

  3. Rick

    Mike L Guest

    Well, if you encounter graphic problems it seems not everything has
    gone
    That has to be the most condescending response I've read yet; for God
    sakes give the guy a break.

    Anyways Rick, as for your video card, I honestly don't have the answer
    as I wish I did. But I'll make an obvious guess and say that you've
    damaged something during the change over.

    Mike L, Apr 2, 2006
  4. Rick

    Rick Guest

    That has to be the most condescending response I've read yet; for God
    Thanx for your reaction...i had to put my tv-card in another slot and that
    isn't working either proparly right now. I hope i can fix something by
    reassigning interrupt and maybe this will straighten out my videocard
    also...wishful thinking;-). Otherwise i buy the second hand card from my
    brother...he has the same and is thinking about upgrading.

    Rick.

    Rick, Apr 2, 2006
  5. Sounds like overheating to me. Do you have any apps that will show you GPU
    temps? ATI Tool is a good one to use if you want to monitor and see how hot
    the thing is getting. If it runs overheated for a little while, it will be
    ok. For too long though (like a several hour gaming session) it can
    permanently hurt the card.

    HockeyTownUSA, Apr 2, 2006
  6. Oh yeah, also touch the copper heatsink while running a graphics intensive
    program, but be careful not to burn yourself. If it is hot, then its doing
    its job, if it is not very hot, then it isn't seated properly, or thermal
    grease isn't applied properly.

    HockeyTownUSA, Apr 2, 2006
  7. Rick

    Half_Light Guest

    Smug bastage. Perhaps he just needs to go through the steps again and
    make sure the heatsink is snug (not too tight though). Or perhaps he
    needs to apply a bit thiker layer of thermal paste because the 9800pro
    has a shim around the GPU.

    Half_Light, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Rick

    Rick Guest

    I've just installed a zalman vf700-cu cooler on my ati radeon 9800 pro.
    The problem already occurs when i boot up cold. At the splash screen from my
    bios/mobo. Probably not overheating...maybe i put it to tight on, so i'm
    going to put is loser and check it out again...maybe without the fan...keep
    the suggestions coming.

    TIA, Rick.

    Rick, Apr 3, 2006