    Did they redesign the VF900, or what? Do I need to buy some kind of 4-
    pin molex to 3-pin fan connector to make a direct connection?

    , Feb 12, 2008

  2. First of One Guest

    To clarify, the VF900 has a 3-pin connector, the same type as those used on
    CPU fans. If you have a spare fan header on your motherboard, the VF900 can
    be plugged into the motherboard without any additional adapters.

    To run the VF900 off the PSU instead, you need a 3 to 4-pin adapter like
    this one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189119
    Note only 2 of the 3 pins are used. The 3rd pin is for RPM monitoring, which
    is meaningless when plugged into the PSU.

    First of One, Feb 13, 2008

  3. ShadowTek Guest

    OK, thanks again. I just want to be sure of everything before I start
    spending money. lol

    ShadowTek, Feb 13, 2008