    just to the MB, just to power supply, or both?

    Thanks for any help you can give me
    Mike K

    mrk1949, Oct 29, 2008

  2. mrk1949

    Horst Franke Guest

    In
    Hi Mike, please explain to me stranger what's a "small static shock"?
    What do You mean by some LEDs?
    As far as I know the function of the switches will be defined by BIOS!
    But what function LEDs were You looking for?

    There should be only ONE "Power On" LED.
    I'm not aware of any "stand-by" LED.
    Hi WHERE did You got this from?
    "Short to Ground" would be a very drastically function!

    Depending on Your BIOS settings the power switch should perform a
    RESET or a POWER ON cycle.
    And nevertheless it should turn on Your PC!

    May be it's time dependent: held the button for some time?
    A short press may cause another action than a long press of more than
    3 seconds!

    It depends on what You have definded by BIOS:
    Reset or complete power off/on cycle.
    Horst

    Horst Franke, Nov 3, 2008