    (http://www.sfftech.com/printdocs.cfm?aid=494), but, beyond that i
    really haven't got a clue. also, in regard to memory, i think there
    might be an issue with modules not fitting or something. any advice?

    dfgh, May 6, 2004

  2. dfgh

    Clas Mehus Guest

    On 6 May 2004 07:39:21 -0700, (dfgh) wrote:

    >just bought a shuttle st62k, so i'm soliciting recommendations for
    >which processor (socket 478 p4 400/533/800mhz fsb) and memory (dual
    >channel ddr 200/266/333/400 * 2) combo would work best.
    >
    >specs here: http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/barebone/specification.asp?B_id=29
    >
    >review here: http://www.sfftech.com/printdocs.cfm?aid=482
    >
    >i'm not too interested in overclocking, etc. -- not a gamer -- just
    >want to use this for home office & digital media stuff.
    >
    >i understand a prescott would be too hot
    >(http://www.sfftech.com/printdocs.cfm?aid=494), but, beyond that i
    >really haven't got a clue. also, in regard to memory, i think there
    >might be an issue with modules not fitting or something. any advice?

    Go for the Nortwood, as it also gives better performance. I don't
    think the Prescott is on the Zen supportlist -- I think it was before
    the Prescott was officialy annonced, but it was removed.

    As for memory I think I used Crucial XMS3200-modules for my review,
    but ain't 100% sure. I think I had some issues when using PC3200
    TwinMOS-modules.

    If you take advantage of Dual Channel DDR-configuration the
    videocontroller in the chipset will give better performance. If 3D
    ain't important at all, there ain't much difference between using one
    or two modules.

    The 9100IGP-chipset work with two different modules in dual
    channel-mode, but it's not recommended as it can give
    stability-issues.

    --
    Clas Mehus
    Dataguiden : http://www.pcworld.no/dataguiden/