    to prevent weird failures after the "severe" error. I always uninstall old
    drivers first and use catalyst uninstaller, also, so never had this error.
    Could it be these drivers? Any ideas? Thanks.

    windyvoice, Jul 1, 2007

  2. windyvoice

    bubkiebki Guest

    ....something to do with the 2nd display connection (not being connected, as
    in dual display). I forgot the solution, but believe it is available at the
    ATI knowledgebase FAQ.

    ....Brian

    bubkiebki, Jul 1, 2007

  3. windyvoice

    bubkiebki Guest

    ....another suggestion, uninstall ATI again, but this time, download and
    install free version of Driver Cleaner Pro and follow instructions, then
    reinstall 7.6.

    ....Brian

    bubkiebki, Jul 1, 2007
  4. windyvoice