zero display service error

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Dr Teeth, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. Dr Teeth

    Dr Teeth Guest

    Got the error in the subject when installing latest drivers for my new
    ATi X800 Pro on Win XP Pro SP2.

    The card seems to be working well. I have googled for the error, got
    several hits, but no definite solutions. All mentioned the importance
    of cleaning up previous drivers.

    I uninstalled my previous Nvidia drivers via add/remove and then used
    Driver Cleaner Pro v1.2 in safe mode.

    On a second partition of XP, I did the same driver
    uninstallation/cleanup and did not get any error.

    What is the significance of the error and do I need to worry about it?

    TIA.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy