    plus key combined with the apple key do not work here. If I choose
    "Zoom" from the view menu it only zooms out slightly. Surely there
    must be some easier way that I am missing.

    Richard Kaplan, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Richard Kaplan

    M-M Guest

    save it and view in graphics program

    M-M, Jan 13, 2007

  3. Sorry about that -- I am posting with Google Groups and for some
    reason it seems to be really easy to click twice and have it post
    twice. Too bad it doesn't have a feature as I have seen elsewhere to
    prevent identical posts entered very soon after one another.

    Richard Kaplan, Jan 13, 2007
  4. OK... what's a good USENET reader and USENET feed which works with Mac
    OS X?

    Richard Kaplan, Jan 14, 2007
  5. So far so good... looks like a nice interface... and hopefully you will
    only get one of these replies :)

    Richard Kaplan, Jan 14, 2007
  6. Richard Kaplan

    Guest Guest

    I am using http://news.aioe.org/

    so long as you don't want to spam, hugely crosspost or download
    binaries, it's good, and free.

    The news reader I use is Thunderbird. It's fine for me, because I was
    used to the mozilla suite until recently. More dedicated usenet denizens
    don't seem to think it is any good though, YMMV as they say.

    Andy

    Guest, Jan 14, 2007
  7. Richard Kaplan

    Paul Sture Guest

    http://news.individual.net/ offers an excellent and solidly reliable
    service. At 10 Euro a year, a very real advantage is that is isn't tied
    to one ISP, so you can access it from anywhere. You do need a newsreader
    which supports username and password authentication.

    I am none too enamoured with Thunderbird (offline reading seems brain
    dead on the Mac version, although Windows users assure me it's fine on
    their platform), and its filtering capabilities are limited.

    At the moment I use NT-NewsWatcher, but suggest you look at others such
    as Unison, Hogwasher and MacSoup.

    Paul Sture, Jan 14, 2007