zv5000z confusion, is it a w/ Mobile AMD 64 (or just AMD 64) ??

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by googledude, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. googledude

    googledude Guest

    I have been seriously considering getting an AMD 64 laptop. My
    understanding is that the low voltage mobile AMD 64 chips have hit the
    market. When I tried to customize a laptop at hpshopping.com, I only
    see the AMD Mobile-M or AMD 64 CPU processor options for the zv5000z
    laptop. According to this old eweek link
    (http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1636989,00.asp), HP is using
    Mobile AMD 64 (not just Mobile AMD) chips in the zv5000z series.

    Can anyone please confirm or deny this or suggest a way to determine
    this ? If the zv5000z does not use Mobile AMD 64 CPU, how does the
    notebook perform in terms of thermal/heating issues. I mean have you
    purchased one, and does it heat up significantly especially with say an
    AMD 64 (non-mobile/mobile???) 3700+ processor ?

    My existing ze5300 P4 2.66 has just bit the dust due to poor heat
    (handling) issues. I would like to get an AMD 64 laptop, but I do not
    wish to get burned (no pun intended!) again with the overheating
    problems. Feedback appreciated!

    googledude, Feb 14, 2005

  2. googledude

    bobb Guest

    Someone building an HTPC (Home Theater PC) where silence is golden, is
    regreting it now 'cuz the fans needed to cool the "cool running <yeah
    righ>" A64 desktop make his machine sound like a truck!!!

    WHY DO YOU PEOPLE GET A PORTABLE DEVICE then throw as much stuff to it
    as you can so it can never possibly sit on your lap or the battery
    lasts 1/2 hour so u have go keep pluging in the dang thing....
    arrrrgggghhhhh.

    And some Isaac Newton in this forum asks why there are no A64 laptops
    with RAID!!! ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH.

    bobb, Feb 14, 2005