1 long beep when I start power on

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Botros543, Sep 6, 2012.

  1. Botros543

    Botros543

    Asus mb
    Intel P4 2.4 GHZ 512

    when I first power on I get 1 looooong beep and continue to beeep

    I tried putting the cpu out and in again the cpu is madly hot after powering on for 4 seconds extreme hot may be around 50C hot

    I tried replacing the RAM

    Power supply is good

    I replaced the video card as well

    when I took out the CPU and powered it on I got noo beeps at all just fans are running but when I put the cpu back in it beeeps 1 loong beeeep over and over

    what happened was I was replacing the thermal compound and cleaning the old off the old compound got inside the CPU inside that whole so i'm not sure if that cause anything...

    how can you tell if it's ur mb or ur cpu?

    thank you all for reading please help!

    MB-ASUS P4S533-Vl
    CPU- Intel P4 2.4 GHZ /512/533 SL6RZ 3308a442-0521

    SONY VAIO PCV-RZ22G Desktop PC

    there is a on board video but mainly I use Gforce Mx440
    Stock PSU fans and lights and cd roms every thing turns on

    Botros543, Sep 6, 2012
  2. Botros543

    Botros543

    I forgot to mention that I also changed the thermal compound for the Northbridge heat sink ... now I kept trying it today and there is no 1 long beep any more does nothing I kept trying and trying and I feel the CPU gets hot .. kept trying and now I see something new after taking off the heat sinks . I noticed the lan network light comes on when I connect the PSU to electricity then when I try to turn the PC on it does nothing... I cut Disconect the electric power... then I connect it again this time I don't see the light to the network on any more.. this time I try to power the pc on .. the 1 long beep comes back again.

    Botros543, Sep 6, 2012
  3. Botros543

    Botros543

    youtube.com/user/chickenstars77/videos

    Botros543, Sep 6, 2012
  4. Botros543

    Botros543

    youtube.com/watch?v=1KnbPkHLIdo&feature=plcp

    Botros543, Sep 6, 2012
  5. Botros543

    Botros543

    youtube.com/watch?v=1KnbPkHLIdo&feature=plcp

    I recorded and explained what goes on PLEASE HELP!

    Botros543, Sep 6, 2012
  6. Botros543

    revotan

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2012
    In that first video, it looks like you are powering on the system with no heatsink on the cpu, is this correct?

    revotan, Oct 23, 2012