A8V-VM mouse/keyboard & display problems...

Discussion in 'Asus' started by maqic, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. maqic

    maqic

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2006
    The funniest thing is going on here.

    Keyboard/Mouse problem:
    I just got in a barebone PC kit and installed it. Everything went fine but a couple hours using the computer, I noticed that if I didn't move my mouse when windows was starting up, neither my keyboard or mouse would work anymore. (the mouse pointer stays in the middle of the screen and pressing the windows button doesn't pull up the start menu) I know my computer wasn't in a "freeze" because my little "avast!" icon still animates.

    Display problem:
    When I first installed an OS, I installed my Win XP Home 32 bit and noticed the keyboard mouse problem. I thought, "well might be a weird OS install so I formatted the drive and chose to install Win XP 64 bit. Same problem as above. But I have also encountered a possible display problem. When I opened a window, my screen would "jitter" and you can see broken lines for a second. I fiddled with the display settings and brought the refresh rate down to 60htz. That fixed the jitter problem but there is still something fishy. I have noticed that my computer freezes for a second every time I try and display a picture on the Internet (Firefox) and I also get this short "freeze" when visiting high-image websites. I don't think the problem is Firefox.

    Also, I was just watching a video in Media Player classic when my computer froze and when black. I had to reset to restart...

    I have the latest 64 bit vga driver installed from usa.asus.com

    I am getting pissed here. I just dropped a couple hundred for this new mobo and processor.

    Any tips?

    I am running:

    Asus A8V-VM
    AMD 2.0 Ghtz 3200+
    2 IDE HDDs
    1 gig ram (1 x 512 stick DDR 400; 2 x 256 sticks DDR 333)
    1 HP DVD burner
    Nothing in the PCI slots...

    I have run a MEMTEST on the ram and it found nothing wrong with the RAM.

    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

    maqic, Nov 13, 2006
  2. maqic

    maqic

    Joined: