Abit aw8-max 4E post error after ram upgrade

Discussion in 'Abit' started by ufukguler, Mar 23, 2018.

  1. ufukguler

    ufukguler

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2018
    Hi,

    I was using my Abit aw8-max board with 2x1 GB Kingston(KVR667D2N5/1G) without any issue for a long time. Because of the max 8 GB support ı was planning to upgrade it higher ram capacities.

    1 - I tried 4x1 GB Kingston(KVR667D2N5/1G) but didn't work. After booting on the screen only see 1 core CPU and stuck at this stage. The error code was 4E on the motherboard led screen.
    2 - I ordered 4x2 GB Elpida(EBE21EE8ACWA-8G-E). I installed 1x2 GB of it and it works fine without any issue. Afterward, installed the second stick as 2x2 GB. At this time I had the same problem as Post Code 4E.

    I did many searches on the web and read several articles but they didn't help me to overcome the problem.

    I also uploaded hwinfo output of my computer with current hardware details.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Attached Files:

    ufukguler, Mar 23, 2018
  2. ufukguler

    ufukguler

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2018
    Hi,

    I solved my problem by replacing Asus 210 graphics card with an older version. My computer started to work with 8 GB memory now.

    ufukguler, Apr 12, 2018
  3. ufukguler

    mortgage_man_1981

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2020
    Awesome. I was encountering a similar problem. Thanks for the help!

    mortgage_man_1981, Feb 11, 2020
    ufukguler likes this.
  4. ufukguler

    ufukguler