    I thought perhaps the brand of RAM was somehow not compatible so I exchanged these for a 4GB kit made by OCZ technology. -- similar specs as the Patriot except PC5400. Still didn't work....

    I called the Acer guys and had them stumped. They said it was possible that it was because of Vista, but I would doubt it since the laptop wouldn't even boot into the BIOS. All I got was a black screen...

    Has anyone had an issue like this, or does anyone know of a decent resolution?

    liquefy, Jul 11, 2007
  2. liquefy

    gaffer

    I am having exactly the same problem. Does your machine start with just one of the sticks in? - It probably will - Found this, which might be helpful http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=225097&messageID=2264083 however I have not been able to alter the maxmem amount.

    gaffer, Sep 15, 2007
  3. liquefy

    Muezick

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    I have the same problem.

    It's not the OS, This laptop was running windows XP(I downgraded)

    I upgraded when I got the new ram yesterday to see if it would help.

    Vista does not help this problem.

    Same problem as you.

    5610z, 4gb ram, Will only read one chip at a time, but not both chips.

    Also, I found this by searching on google "acer aspire 5610z 4gb ram upgrade"

    Muezick, Jan 17, 2008
  4. liquefy

    Muezick

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    NO SOLUTION.

    According to KINGSTON The Maximum Ram for the 5610z is 2GB, NOT 4GB

    Acer lied. THAT's Why They're Stumped.

    Muezick, Jan 18, 2008