    Joined:
    May 30, 2015
    Hi guys. I have a brand new Acer Aspire One notebook (not sure which model.) Anyway, I have an external fan keeping all the major components cool, how long would you advise leaving it on 24/7? Not worried about the battery, more the laptop itself. Thank you for help

    AndrewRichardsNewbie2015, May 30, 2015
  2. AndrewRichardsNewbie2015

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2006
    Hi Andrew,

    I'm not sure I understand - do you have one of those heat mats for laptops that keeps it cool? If so, it's only worth using it while the laptop is on - no point in leaving it on 24/7 if you're not using it 24/7 :).

    Ian, Jun 3, 2015
  3. AndrewRichardsNewbie2015

    AndrewRichardsNewbie2015

    Joined:
    May 30, 2015
    I meant would it be advisable to leave the laptop on 24/7, as I am worried about damaging it

    AndrewRichardsNewbie2015, Jun 3, 2015
  4. AndrewRichardsNewbie2015

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2006
    Yes, you can do that - but it will mean that laptop may fail quicker than you'd expect (you'd still assume this would be several years at least!).

    Ian, Jun 10, 2015