acer travelmate 2700 motherboard problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by imitek, Feb 17, 2008.

  1. imitek

    imitek

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    I have a acer travelmate 2700
    Symptoms include:

    1. Operating laptop on power, with battery inserted - after a while, it
    will revert to battery power. Won't recognise when the external power
    plug is inserted, so eventually drains down the battery.

    2. When 1 above occurs, if I shut down the system, the battery charging
    indicator comes on and the battery recharges.

    Currently it is shut down, external power on and battery inserted and
    the battery led is flashing orange. Don't know what that means,

    I'd appreciate any guidance on troubleshooting this further – I am pretty sure it’s a hardware (motherboard) problem
    The problem has got worse now motherboard sounds like a ticking bomb ticking very fast

    Thanks in advance for any feedback.

    imitek, Feb 17, 2008