Acer travelmate 291lmi motherboard...

Discussion in 'Acer' started by parrimin, Mar 27, 2007.

1. parrimin

parrimin

Hi guys,
    I have a big problem with my laptop. Suddenly it stopped to run... When i turn on it, it seems its initializing well, it shows acer travelmate logo, and next it shows a white screen. Equal if i try to enter the bios or to initialize from a CD, so i cant run hiren´s boot cd for explore hardware. I thought was the RAM, and i testes inserting another (running) ram, but... I tried to connect to another monitor, but the same problem. Later i thought its normal, if i can see the travelmate logo, its not video or lcd problem, dont you think so? Finally i opened the laptop, but i dont know what to do, it seems all is connected.
    If anyone has the same problem and fixed, please, or any idea.
    I tried to phone to acer, and they say it will be the motherboard, and when i asked for how much cost, the say about 290€. If you know any other place i can buy the motherboard, it would be helpful. And other... what motherboard does my laptop have? I only know it has chipset 855gm
    Thanks

parrimin, Mar 27, 2007
  2. parrimin

elecman

Acer

The problem of your machine is in slot of processor on the board, if you press the dissipation unit and turn on, the machine run whitout problems, the socket of processor have bad contact whit board. try air flow.

Sorry for my bad english.

elecman, Mar 29, 2007
  3. parrimin

parrimin

Thanks for your answer, but or im not understanding the problem you say, or is not my problem. If I press on the dissipation unit, there is no change, laptop is not running either. I put more silicone on the dissipation unit, removed the cpu and put it, and... there is no effect. The result, same as before. Am I doing something wrong?

parrimin, Apr 10, 2007
Ask a Question