ACER TravelMate 6410 was DEAD due to the bad bios flash and FIXED. ! here is how

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Gazelle, Oct 1, 2008.

  1. Gazelle

    Gazelle

    Guys normally I never post anything, simply I don't have time, but this time its different, these forums literally saved me money, and just to teach these big corps a lesson I will take my time and share how I fixed my TRAVELMATE. I have just saved $250!! ACER SUPPORT MY BUTT!! I have begged them to give me information to save my Laptop, they said you have to send it in $199 + shipping. I asked the combination for blind boot to USB Floppy pleaseee.. I told them I can buy another laptop for 150 dollars more! the answer was rudely "probably you're right!" I told them "YOUR OPEN PUBLIC WINDOWS BIOS FLASH PROCEDURE CAUSED THIS!" they said sorry I have to send. Well I DIDN"T send it and found everywhere on the net crisis disk fixes, non of them worked for me until I found out my self a little trick for TM6410. Here is my add-on to these procedures.*****THE IMPORTANT PART IS -.> KEEP YOUR POWER BUTTON PRESSED UNTIL THE LAPTOP BOOTS!! Otherwise, it never looks to the USB floppy. SO BOTTOM LINE IS HOLD ESC+FN+POWER together until it boots (took 3-4 seconds) then it will read immediately to the floppy. Rest of the procedure is the same, I am just copy/pasting. Kudos to original poster. Share the knowledge against expensive, rude, blood sucking corps.
    I have followed these instructions and worked for me except one thing I have to add and its extremely important. (thanks to overklox post)

    WARNING: Use this at your own discretion. I will not be responsible for your system. Symptoms: Your system powers on fine, but the BIOS doesn't post nor does the LCD power on

    Fix:
    Phoenix Crisis Disk & Original BIOS for Acer Aspire TM 6410

    Note* You will need a USB floppy disk drive to do this
    (instructions modified from here)

    1. Download the crisis disk and the bios from here

    2. Unzip them

    3. Run Crisis.exe which starts the winimage self extractor. Be sure "Writing on Floppy" is selected. Click OK. This will create the crisis disk for you.

    4. Delete the bios.wph file on the floppy disk. Copy the bios.wph file from the zip I provided to the floppy.

    5. Unplug AC, take out battery from laptop

    6. Attach USB floppy drive to laptop

    7. Press and Hold “Fn” and “Esc” buttons together, then while holding down said buttons, plug in AC and turn on computer.
    --->A. You should still be holding “Fn” and “Esc” (gazelle's add= HOLD POWER TOO for my model =TM6410 it takes few seconds to boot.)

    8. The power indicator light should stay lit up

    9. The USB floppy drive’s indicator light should be lit up and assessing the Crisis Disk (can hear it working)

    10. Don’t turn off the computer. This will go on for 3-5 minutes, so let it be until it stops. The system will restart on its own.

    I successfully recovered my piece of crap Acer Aspire 5050-5554 using the above...funny thing I had sent it out for repair and the company said it was toast LOL

    Gazelle, Oct 1, 2008
  2. Gazelle

    dazzer9535

    dazzer9535, Oct 23, 2008
  3. Gazelle

    nonito

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    Download Cris Disk

    "Download the crisis disk and the bios from here"

    But where is "...from here" ?

    Thanks nono

    nonito, Jan 2, 2009
  4. Gazelle

    helipilote

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2009
    hello
    tried to apply this method without any success

    my acer has 4 USB port test with each

    never the floppy disk run after a lot of run

    is there somme other key sequence to press to, enter into the bios boot mode

    regards

    helipilote, Jan 6, 2009
  5. Gazelle

    helipilote

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2009
    hello
    I applied the process but nothingb as result
    I also disconnect the bios battery and applioed tye crisis process but nothing again
    please help me

    helipilote, Jan 20, 2009
  6. Gazelle

    helipilote

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2009
    hello
    I applied the process but nothingb as result
    I also disconnect the bios battery and applied the crisis process but nothing again
    please help me

    helipilote, Jan 20, 2009
  7. Gazelle

    Gazelle

    Read it carefully.

    Guys , read what I put, and try and try try again, read it carefully.

    Gazelle, Jan 28, 2009