Add 2nd Hard Drive

Discussion in 'ECS' started by PICK ME, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. PICK ME

    PICK ME

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi everyone,

    I'm new here and have a question obviously.

    I have an HP 1650y that I just ordered. It has a 250 Gig SATA hard drive, an ECS RC410-M board and I want to add the SATA drive from my current computer(the mother board gave up the ghost recently).

    My dilema is the new comp is Windows MCE and the drive I want to add has XP home installed. I don't really want to lose everything on the XP drive, so I don't want to reformat and install MCE.

    Is it possible to add the drive as a secondary drive with XP installed and if so can I just plug the thing in and boot it up?

    Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
    PICK ME, Nov 11, 2006