Anyone knows a place with cheap RAM?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Anna ms, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. Anna ms

    Anna ms

    I'm trying to get 512MB of cheap ram <$20, but am failing to find it.

    Specifications I am looking for;

    DDR 1, 400Mhz (333Mhz would work too, preferably 400Mhz)
    Single 512MB or 2 x 256MB Sticks, no 4 x 128MB stick please
    Less than $20, essentially: cheap crappy value memory. The price can go over 20 with shipping.

    If there is no 512MB Stick of that price, then 256MB would do too. Just a small upgrade. BTW, if for some miracle, a 1GB stick was $20 dollars, please notify me!

    On a side Note: I have 3 x 512MB (400Mhz running @ 333Mhz ) Crucial memory in my HP computer right now. I've read in places that Crucial does not play nice with non-Crucial memory. I hope this is false because Crucial does not go below $50.

    Thanks.

    Anna ms, Jul 27, 2007
  2. Anna ms

    I am Jonh

    Hmm... seems like the cheapest they get is 17USD at newegg, but seems like that's not a very reliable brand. Munchkin? Kingston 256MB seems much more reliable though., depite Munchkin getting more votes.

    I am Jonh, Jul 27, 2007