aspire 2920z and direct 3d problems

Discussion in 'Acer' started by booster3000, Feb 17, 2008.

  1. booster3000

    booster3000

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    hi, i've just got a new laptop lately and it's a aspire 2920z, i've been messing around with it and finally able to get xp onto it replacing the vista it came with, i've installed the drivers and everything and have directx 9.0c. but when i go to load some games they give me this problem:

    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4925/40648426qm4.gif

    the message is in japanese because its a applocale used program but it seems the problem is with direct 3d and i ran the DxDiag tool and it said that "Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer."

    the driver is the final one from acer so i was wonder if there was anything that i could do to make it run direct 3d, would installing the vista that came with the computer help or am i just simply not able to play 3d games on this computer

    as2920z specs:

    Notebook: Acer Aspire 2920Z
    Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core T2310
    Graphics Adapter: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) X3100
    Display: 12.1 inch, 16:10, 1280x800 pixels
    Weight: 2.1kg

    booster3000, Feb 17, 2008