ASUS A7N8X-X (No Post/Beep)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mythics, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Mythics

Mythics

I'm running out of ideas for this mobo.

I've had it boot up properly a handful of times now, every time seems to be pure luck.

I've taken it out of the case, reset the cmos (via battery removal), taken it down to bare bones (mobo/psu/ram/vid card), and no reasons are jumping out at me for why it's doing this.

90% of the time, it gives the green led on the mobo power, but won't beep/give video/etc.

The other 10% of the time, it works without an issue at all (and I have no idea why).

I don't have another CPU to test on it, and neither do I have a spare mobo to test the CPU on. If nothing else, I could order another mobo or processor, but I really didn't want to replace both. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
    Mythics, Dec 24, 2007
  2. Mythics

Mythics

No ideas? (I won't bump again)

Mythics, Dec 26, 2007
  3. Mythics

ppear

No Post/Beep

I am having exactly the same problem. It started a month ago with the odd 'fail to boot'. I seemed to be able to get it going by completely depowering at the power point. It doesn't seem to be temperature related. Now it only seems to go 10% of the time. I am suspecting intermittent bios or possible poor connections. First though I am going to make sure the power supply is OK

ppear, Dec 27, 2007
  4. Mythics

ppear

Bought a new power supply and that seems to have fixed the problem of the motherboard failing to boot the bios/POST. Opening the old supply showed a couple of resistors that were obviously heat stressed.

ppear, Jan 2, 2008
Ask a Question