    The other 10% of the time, it works without an issue at all (and I have no idea why).

    I don't have another CPU to test on it, and neither do I have a spare mobo to test the CPU on. If nothing else, I could order another mobo or processor, but I really didn't want to replace both. Any suggestions?

    Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
    Mythics, Dec 24, 2007
  2. Mythics

    Mythics

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2007
    No ideas? (I won't bump again)

    Mythics, Dec 26, 2007
  3. Mythics

    ppear

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2007
    No Post/Beep

    I am having exactly the same problem. It started a month ago with the odd 'fail to boot'. I seemed to be able to get it going by completely depowering at the power point. It doesn't seem to be temperature related. Now it only seems to go 10% of the time. I am suspecting intermittent bios or possible poor connections. First though I am going to make sure the power supply is OK

    ppear, Dec 27, 2007
  4. Mythics

    ppear

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2007
    Bought a new power supply and that seems to have fixed the problem of the motherboard failing to boot the bios/POST. Opening the old supply showed a couple of resistors that were obviously heat stressed.

    ppear, Jan 2, 2008