Asus A8N-SLI won't boot with USB plugged in.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jryan15, Apr 27, 2007.

  1. jryan15

    jryan15

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2007
    My computer will not boot with my USB - External DVD burner plugged in. It will boot everytime with out it plugged in and will hang on the splash screen everytime when I plug it in. It won't even let me in setup with it plugged in.

    It had worked ok for months, but on occasion it would hang at the splash screen, but a few resets would take care of it.

    There are no USB devices plugged straight into the computer. The three devices that I have all plug into a Belkin power USB hub which is plugged into the USB port on the computer (btw - i tested other usb ports and they have the same problem).

    I unplugged the usb hub and went in setup and monitored the voltages while I plugged the hub back in. The bios immediately froze...

    After the motherboard posts (with usb unplugged) I can plug the hub back in and it will boot and run fine. Problem is that my external DVD burner is no longer recognized....

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    jryan15, Apr 27, 2007
  2. jryan15

    jryan15

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2007
    turns out that it will boot up when i bypass the belkin usb hub... any recommendations beyond the obvious, "don't do that"?

    thanks.

    jryan15, Apr 27, 2007