    Hi. I have the ASUS M5A97 R2.0.
    I have issues with the SATA speed after 3 subsequent quick power outages. The SATA speed goes down to 1.5 from 6 Gb/sec. New disks and cables. Replaced cables. Same problem. Otherwise the motherboard works flawlessly (linux CENTOS 8). I bought two identical replacement boards which both do not start. The green light on the board goes on, but that's it, nothing else! All disks and fans are off. I replaced back an forth, but only the original board will start the fans and disks, also after I tested both replacement boards twice without success. I am sure I connected both replacement boards correctly. What am I missing? Or can it be that both replacement boards are defect?? Must be very unlikely.... what else can I do?
    Any comment is appreciated.

    Hartings, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Hartings

    Hartings

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2019
    SOLVED!
    My old motherboard was configured to restart upon power outage and the main power switch on the computer was broken. The two new motherboards, were apparently not configured to auto-restart and never received a power-on signal, as the power switch is broken. It took some time and two other motherboards to realize this....

    Hartings, Dec 30, 2019