Asus P5ld2 CPU problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by geoman87, Mar 9, 2014.

  1. geoman87

    geoman87

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2014
    Hi guys,
    I recently took a new processor (for free from a friend) which is Intel core 2 Duo Family and the model is E6400.

    I search and I foun that my motherboard an Asus P5ld2 socket 775 suports that kind of processors and I decided to upgrade my pc.I also found that in order to plug this processor I would have to update my bios version through ms-dos!!
    After some hours of studing (unfortunatelly I dont fave much of expeirience) I finally did make it to update my bios!!!To the right version...

    But when I install the processor the motherboard doesnt boot at all...It gets power The cdrom led blinks sometimes and thats all it stays stuck there like there is no processor in it!!

    With the old processor a Pentium 4 3.00Ghz everything works fine...

    What did I do wrong??

    Any ideas??

    geoman87, Mar 9, 2014