Asus P5N32-Sli Help needed please?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Krashnburn, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Krashnburn

Krashnburn

Hi there.

I just put together a new PC (specs to follow below). After installing the necessary software and updates, i started to get the "blue screen of death" errors. Basically if i left my pc idle, it would not give me the error. However, if i started to use it more, with many programs open at once, it would crash.

First i thought this might have been related to RAM not being compatible, or some hardware malfunction. But i am not sure.

Then i discovered, that my motherboard software defaults my hardware at Max Perfomance. When i changed this to High Performance, the errors stopped completely (even playing very heavy graphic-based games).

So i started to investigate and read around, and i found out that my memory timings might be off, my memory speeds might be off, and my bus speed might be off, and that might be causing those errors.

I downloaded PC-Z to check those settings, and it turns out that i do think these settings might be too low, therefore not being able to handle the ram being used at high speeds.

But that is why i am here, to see if you guys can tell me for sure.
    Here are my specs:

-ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
    -BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 OC Video Card
    -OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    -(Not sure if its important, but ill add it) 650w power supply
    -Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

BUS Speed: 266.7MHz
    Rated FSB: 1066.7MHz
    Memory Speed: 800.0MHz (I increased it from ~500MHz)
    Multiplier: x9
    Voltage: 1.296v
    Memory timings: 5-5-5-15-22 (Was auto, but i found a table that showed it should have been 5-5-5-15-22, so i changed it)
    Memory Frequency: 400.0MHz
    FSB : DRAM - 2:3 (shouldnt this be 1:1 ?)

The error i was getting in Max Performance setting was the following:

"Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing....

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x897D79B0, 0x89707B24, 0x805D11F8)

Beginning dump of physical memory"

I can live being in High performance rather than Max performance. But if it can be faster, why settle?

Sorry for the wall of text, and i hope you guys can help me out. I hope i have provided all the information needed, if there is any more needed, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!!!
    Krashnburn

Krashnburn, Jun 24, 2007
  2. Krashnburn

Krashnburn

Anyone at all?

Krashnburn, Jun 27, 2007
Ask a Question