Asus P5N32-Sli Help needed please?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Krashnburn, Jun 24, 2007.

  1. Krashnburn

    Krashnburn

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2007
    Hi there.

    I just put together a new PC (specs to follow below). After installing the necessary software and updates, i started to get the "blue screen of death" errors. Basically if i left my pc idle, it would not give me the error. However, if i started to use it more, with many programs open at once, it would crash.

    First i thought this might have been related to RAM not being compatible, or some hardware malfunction. But i am not sure.

    Then i discovered, that my motherboard software defaults my hardware at Max Perfomance. When i changed this to High Performance, the errors stopped completely (even playing very heavy graphic-based games).

    So i started to investigate and read around, and i found out that my memory timings might be off, my memory speeds might be off, and my bus speed might be off, and that might be causing those errors.

    I downloaded PC-Z to check those settings, and it turns out that i do think these settings might be too low, therefore not being able to handle the ram being used at high speeds.

    But that is why i am here, to see if you guys can tell me for sure.
    Here are my specs:

    -ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor
    -BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 OC Video Card
    -OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    -(Not sure if its important, but ill add it) 650w power supply
    -Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

    BUS Speed: 266.7MHz
    Rated FSB: 1066.7MHz
    Memory Speed: 800.0MHz (I increased it from ~500MHz)
    Multiplier: x9
    Voltage: 1.296v
    Memory timings: 5-5-5-15-22 (Was auto, but i found a table that showed it should have been 5-5-5-15-22, so i changed it)
    Memory Frequency: 400.0MHz
    FSB : DRAM - 2:3 (shouldnt this be 1:1 ?)

    The error i was getting in Max Performance setting was the following:

    "Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing....

    STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x897D79B0, 0x89707B24, 0x805D11F8)

    Beginning dump of physical memory"

    I can live being in High performance rather than Max performance. But if it can be faster, why settle?

    Sorry for the wall of text, and i hope you guys can help me out. I hope i have provided all the information needed, if there is any more needed, please let me know.

    Thank you in advance!!!
    Krashnburn

    Krashnburn, Jun 24, 2007
  2. Krashnburn