bad magic number in disc label.....

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by amrut_k, Dec 10, 2009.

  1. amrut_k

    amrut_k

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2009
    Hello All,

    I m very new to this forum.

    i m having SUN NETRA X1 server with 40 GB HDD (Seagate) & 128 MB RAM.
    i m trying this server for SUN 10 Practise.

    As i m installing SUN 9 /10 with CD ,its giving me error after OK propmt
    ***************************
    #boot cdrom
    or
    #boot cdrom -s
    ****************************
    ERROR............
    can't open Boot device: disk File and args:
    Bad Magic number in disk label
    Can't open disk label package

    after this it returns to OK propmt.

    i tried a lot , changhe my CD ROM, installation media, HDD.
    everything is detected.
    but its not starting the installation.

    can someone help me to get rid of this.:confused:

    Thanks in advance.

    amrut_k, Dec 10, 2009