Bad P6t BIOS Flash

Discussion in 'Asus' started by yoann, Oct 3, 2009.

  1. yoann

    yoann

    Hi People =)

    My damn problem is in the title..
    Having wanted to flash my bios with the asus bios flash utility, my computer won't work anymore.
    The process went along the 2 first steps, deleting the previous and copying the new bios, but failed at doing the last one (verifying i think).
    Now, when i powerup, NOTHING appears on screen. Only fans are working. :eek:

    I tried to take away the cmos battery, and change the jumper. But it resulted in nothing.

    I tried to put on a usb key (i have no floppy) the .ROM bios, naming it AMIBOOT.ROM as explained on some forums, but nothing seems to happen.
    I saw on asus help that with asus crashfree software, when inserting the dvd support, the software would find the bios and flash the corrupted one. The problem is i don't have this dvd (I moved from france to norway so i took the minimum ^^) so i cannot test.

    Questions :
    Do you suggest any other try ?
    Should I try with a floppy disk instead of USB key (formatted fat 32) ?
    IF having to replace my BIOS ship : Where is it on my board ? How to extract it ? Where to buy a new one ?

    I hope you will be able to answer me, and wish you a happy day.
    For the one who would say that i was a dumbass to flash with a windows utility, i would answer that you don't expect a leader in mainboard design to create such a stupid software without thinking it works at least 99% of the time ^^

    see you =)

    yoann, Oct 3, 2009