can't decide on a motherboart

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by freeloadinggeek, Nov 12, 2007.

  1. freeloadinggeek

    freeloadinggeek

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Hello
    I am trying to build myself a new computer, and, as follows, i will use the following configuration:
    1) CPU: AMD Athon X2 4800+, Brisbane ADO4800DDBOX
    2) COOL:Thermaltake CL-P0371
    3) VGA: Gigabyte NX86T256D || NX86T256H [the best silent video board that occupies only one slot in the case]
    4) RAM: A-Data 2GB PC2-8000 Vitesta Extreme Edition
    5) PSU: Fortron Blue Storm 400
    6) HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST3320820AS (already bought)
    7) Case:Antec Solo (already bought)

    But I seem to have trouble choosing the right motherboard. But I have 2 finalists with pluses and minuses:
    1) K9N SLI Platinum (rev 1.2)
    + 1 PCIX 16x ( NON-SLI) / 1 PCIX 8x;
    + LPT
    +heatpipe (only in the 1.2 rev)
    - the 1.2 rev version is very new. I couldn't find any reviews. There might be another problem, as i will order it over the net: i might order rev 1.2 and recieve rev1.1

    2) Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
    +1 PCIX@16X, 1 PCIX@8x
    -optional LPT
    +heatpipe cooling system
    +AI NAP
    - very picky with the memory

    So, I must ask you the following questions:
    a) None of the manufacturers have my chosen memory in their compatibility lists. Does anybody have / have seen the M2N-SLI Deluxe or K9N SLI Platinum and A-Data Vitesta ?

    b) could I use the memory at 1000Mhz without OC-ing the CPU ? (in the bios the maximum allowed memory frequency ist 800Mhz, and I've heard that a highet memory frequency really counts as performance with a AMD CPU)
    as putea folosi memoria la 1000Mhz fara sa fac OC la procesor ? (in biosul ambelor placi frecventa maxima a memoriei este de 800Mhz)
    c) Is there an application like AI NAP for the rest of the motherboards (I find it very usefull)

    Thank you in advance

    freeloadinggeek, Nov 12, 2007