Cant get into Bios, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Mykmallett, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Mykmallett

Mykmallett

I have a shuttle SN68g2 barebones pc, with a sata dvd drive and hard drive. Ive been having problems with it since building it.

At first my sata drives were set up as IDE automatically and were very slow and basically the whole thing didnt work well at all. So eventually after gathering a lot of information off various forums (shuttle support is rubbish) and articles I backed up my data and decided to try reinstalling windows with the drive as Sata.

Obviously I didnt research well enough as whatever I did has knackered my pc. I went into bios and on the advice of this article:
    www (dot)mysuperpc(dot)com/build/pc_sata_second_boot(dot)shtml
    I disabled the first boot IDE channel and enabled sata. I also enabled the sata drive as AHCI. I restarted and now cant even get into the set up. It tries to boot windows and cant. When selecting safe mode it comes up with a list of drivers and reboots. It does this on a continuous loop and at no point can I enter setup.

Ive pressed every single button at every available opportunity. If I try and pause then it comes up with Port0:and the name of my dvd drive. I tried unplugging this drive and it just doesnt list anything at all...I cant see anything else as it goes too quick for me to pause in time, ust goes straight to the verifying DMA pool part.

This is driving me crazy, please help!

Oh also, it wont boot from a cd. Wont even give me the option.

Mykmallett, Nov 25, 2008
Ask a Question