Cant get PC to boot....

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Reddwarf4ever, Feb 20, 2020.

  1. Reddwarf4ever

    Reddwarf4ever

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2020
    Hi

    i had some issues with installing AV programs etc. So decided to install a Macrium reflect image, from a few days ago. This worked perfectly. But then the Norton pop ups started again, so decided to uninstall Firefox....but didn’t realise saving the bookmarks, didn’t save the toolbar....rather than try to remember what I had, I thought I would restore the MR image again and make a note of my toolbar links....Unfortunately after the restore, I was greeted with the “your pc needs to be repaired ” message, tried repair and SFC and nothing helped....tried restoring an older image, but had the same problem.
    so to test the 230GB SSD boot drive, I installed a fresh windows 10 PRO, worked perfectly. Using a USB boot partition manager program, I formatted the C drive 230GB and the 500MB reserved partition. Then did another MR image restore, same issue as before.
    i feel certain the SSD is ok, as W10 installed perfectly, the I get MR to verify the image before restoring it and it worked the first time I restored it.

    i need some advice please

    just checked the bios and a friend who has the same Mobo has a list of all available hard drives and an up down option to chose boot order.....in BIOS features hard drive BBS priorities, however mine is showing unpopulated......see images, although in SAVE & EXIT tab it does show the devices, but says boot override in yellow,

    [​IMG]

    Attached Files:

    Reddwarf4ever, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Reddwarf4ever

    mortgage_man_1981

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2020
    Did you ever find a solution?

    mortgage_man_1981, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Reddwarf4ever

    Reddwarf4ever

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2020
    Yes I did, I removed the bios battery and allowed it to reset, the HDD options reappeared

    thanks

    Reddwarf4ever, Mar 18, 2020