Computer won't turn on

Discussion in 'Dell' started by josexph, May 18, 2009.

1. josexph

josexph

So this weekend i built a new case for my computer, and took all the components out of the old one. Now that i assembled them all into the new case, the computer wont turn on.

Im pretty sure nothing happened to the mobo once i took it out, other than me taking off the heat sink to unscrew it out of the case, and i took the cpu off the bottom of it, but placed them back into place after. Maybe i didn't plug something in i was supposed to. But i see that the mobo is getting power (little light on it turns on) so shouldn't the fan at least spin for a few secs when i click power?

josexph, May 18, 2009
  2. josexph

Dell-Tech

What Dell System are you refering to??? Make, Model and Motherboard number would help..
    Incidentally, - Did you connect the motherboard control cable to the right switches (on the Optiplex it is an IDE Looking Cable. This cable connects to the front panel USB/Audio Ports, and a cable connects to the power switch.
    If this is the case - "You Must" connect a compatible control device - or your motherboard will not power up.
    Just a thought
    Dave R. Mason
    -dmason @ phoenixcomputerlabs . com

Dell-Tech, Jun 10, 2009
Ask a Question