creating a normal drive on a sata raid connector?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by cruiser27, Jan 26, 2007.

  1. cruiser27

    cruiser27

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2007
    Hi all

    having a bit of a problem with my sata hdd.

    i have the P4C800-E. i have two normal sata connectors on there. i have two drives attached to these.

    i also want to attach a third sata drive. i just want this to be a normal drive like the others (no raid)

    i have attached the 3rd drive to the sata_raid1 connector on the mobo.

    in the BIOS, i enabled Onboard Promise controller. in the sub menu do i set it to RAID or IDE? (i presume raid)

    apparently i need the promise fasttrack 378 ATA driver. i cannot find these anywhere, only the raid driver. does anyone have this file.

    i cannot see the drive in 'my computer' :confused: any help apprecitated.

    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
    cruiser27, Jan 26, 2007