Dead Intel SE7501BR2

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by zagitta, Feb 3, 2010.

1. zagitta

zagitta

´Hi around 1 year ago i bought an SE7501BR2 motherboard with 1gig of ram, 2 xeon processors (a 1,8ghz and a 2,8ghz) and a 36gb scsi harddrive for around 100$, it worked almost perfect, there was some issues with the ram(seller had told me that) but i got it up and running with windows server 2k3 and played around with it.
    One day however i dicided to try out the 2,8ghz processor, i switched out the processors and booted it up BUT it halted at the bios and wouldn't go further... so i had a look at Intel's site and it said i should update the bios (i also think it said firmware but not sure), so i downloaded the newest bios and firmware, formatted a floppy and so on...
    Now i can't remeber if it ****ed up at the bios flash or firmware flash but i think it was after the firmware flash...
    So now im stuck with long 3 beeps, video i recorded: watch?v=CvwssFUNaVQ (can't post links)
    The last 3 or 4 days i've probably spent around 20 hours on changing PSU, CPU, ram and reading the technical specification document from intels site for clues about what might be wrong and how to fix it...
    From what i know about the whole situation it's probably the firmware thats ****ing up because setting the bios recovery jumper and inserting the recovery floppy doesn't help at all nor does cmos clear :(

So is there a way to restore the firmware somehow or is there something else wrong that i overlooked?

Thanks in advance, all help is apreciated :)

zagitta, Feb 3, 2010
Ask a Question