Front panel audio connections

Discussion in 'Asus' started by umagongdi, May 22, 2008.

  1. umagongdi

    umagongdi

    Joined:
    May 22, 2008
    hi all

    I built my new system but have trouble figuring out where to place the front audio cables and usb cables from the case into the motherboard. I have the asus p5n-e sli motherboard

    The front panel conections are

    MIC-IN
    MIC-BIAS
    GND
    SPKOUT-L
    SPKOUT-R
    RETURN-L
    RETURN-R

    and the motherboard conections (HD-audio-compliant pin definition) as in the manual are

    PORT1L....GND
    PORT1R....PRESENCE#
    PORT2R....SENSE1_RETUR
    SEBSE_SEND......
    PORT2L....SENSE2_RETUR

    and the legacy AC'97 compliant definition is

    MIC2.....AGND
    MICPWR....NC
    Line out_R....NC
    NC.....
    Line out_L....NC

    What goes where? my motherboard using AC'97 as standard according to the manual.

    Also the front panel usb conections on the case are

    (1) +5V
    (1) -D
    (1) +D
    (1) GROUND

    (2) +5V
    (2) -D
    (2) +D
    (2) GROUND

    and the motherboard connections as in the manual are

    USB78

    USB+5V.....USB+5V
    USB_P7-.....USB_P8-
    USB_P7+....USB_P8+
    GND.....GND
    .....NC

    USB56

    USB+5V......USB+5V
    USB_P5-.....USB_P6-
    USB_P5+....USB_P6+
    GND....GND
    ..NC

    All help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

    umagongdi, May 22, 2008