Front USB Connectors - GA-M59SLI-S5

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by dragon, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. dragon

    dragon

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Location:
    Bay of Islands, New Zealand
    Hi

    I am about to put my new system together that has a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 motherboard and a Thermaltake Armor LCS VE2000BWS case. I am unsure about the front USB connections...

    The case has two front USB female connectors 5-pin (5x1):
    1. VCC = Power (+5V)
    2. USB- = Negative Signal
    3. USB+ = Positive Signal
    4. GND = Ground
    5. SHIELD = Ground

    The motherboard has three front USB male connectors 10-pin (5x2):
    1. Power (5V)
    2. Power (5V)
    3. USB DX-
    4. USB Dy-
    5. USB DX+
    6. USB Dy+
    7. GND
    8. GND
    9. No Pin
    10. NC

    I would like to know whether I can plug the case connectors to pins 2,4,6,8,10 or alternatively to pins 1,3,5,7,9 - or perhaps they are not compatible?

    Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
    dragon, Nov 10, 2006
  2. dragon