GA-965P-DQ6 and RAID problem

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by bsoder, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. bsoder

    bsoder

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2006
    I'm having a problem with the Gigabyte Raid Configurer and hopefully someone here has some pointers for me. Here's everything on the system (in case something pops out at someone - driver conflict, whatever)

    Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6, rev C1
    Intel C2D E6600
    2x 1G OCZ DDR2-6400
    BFG (NVIDIA) 7600GT
    Matrox TripleHead2Go
    Hauppage Win TV-PVR-150
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
    2x LITE-ON DVDRW
    CoolerMaster midsize tower, 450W supply

    Attached to the ICH8R SATA ports:
    4x Western Digital WD3200KS (320G) in RAID 5 (data array)

    Attached to the Gigabtye (Jmicron) SATA ports:
    2x Western Digital WD WD800JD (80G) in RAID 1 (system array)

    The problem I'm having is in regards to those last two drives. the Gigabyte Raid Configurer has been reporting a problem with the mirror. I can rebuild the mirror during the bootup phase (ctrl-g at the right time) and it reports it as ok when I do so, but once it gets into windows the Configurer will try to resync the drives and fail. Each drive shows a status of normal, and both show a device priority of master. The RAID shows a status of Abnormal.

    I am running the current version (1.14) of the gigabyte driver. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, no change. It's possible one of my drives is bad, but the Configurer tool is showing them both as normal, plus the bootup is able to sync them no problem. Any thoughts? Anything would help at this point.

    bsoder, Nov 1, 2006