    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    My computer yesterday all of a sudden shut down, and then it would just start up just enough to kick the fans on and turn lights on then it would turn back off and then it would do that over and over. I would unplug the power and then plug it back in. I would push the power button and then it would do the same thing so I would have to unplug it again. I tried pulling a battery and removing the video card and still does the same thing. Please help.

    JDLSuper55, Mar 18, 2010
  2. JDLSuper55

    gamer

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    similar problem,

    Hi, my rig started doing that a couple days ago. After working great for 7 or 8 weeks from the build, it crashed once, then was able to start again for another hour, then it crashed. I reset the CMOS button on the motherboard, then that reboot loop you are describing started. I removed the battery for five minutes or so, and it does exactly what you are describing. It lights up the lights and starts the fans for a half second, with no beeps, (which would give a vague indication of problem as a diagnostic code if it did beep).
    Then it turns off, and after five seconds maybe, it does this again, and will do it over and over until I turn off the power supply.

    Did you figure out the problem? I have the GA-X58A-UD3R board. I am ready to RMA the board when I found this forum. Hi all, I am Nate, thanks,

    gamer, May 10, 2010
  3. JDLSuper55

    JDLSuper55

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    Bad power supply. Try disconnecting all the power from the hard drives cd roms and video card. If it start and runs longer than before I am pretty sure u have a bad power supply. Replaced mine and works great

    JDLSuper55, May 10, 2010
  4. JDLSuper55

    gamer

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    ps.
    My system if that helps:

    MOBO:[/FONT] Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

    Power:[/FONT] CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

    [FONT="Arial Black[B]"]CPU[/B]:
    Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor

    GPU: SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

    Memory: OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory

    HD: 2 of these: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

    CPU Cooler COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle

    OS: Windows 7 home premium 64bit

    gamer, May 10, 2010
  5. JDLSuper55

    gamer

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Hey, thank you, I am going to try that now. just in time before I took the motherboard out, thank you much

    gamer, May 10, 2010
  6. JDLSuper55

    gamer

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Hi, well, I did as you suggested, only left mobo and cpu fan hooked up. it powered up and stayed on, with one continuous screeching beep that wouldn't go off.

    the gigabyte diagnostic beep code doesn't have that.
    only thing close is: continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
    continuous short beeps: power error

    don't know why that is, but hey, seems that it could be powersupply according to what you are saying, thanks,

    gamer, May 10, 2010
  7. JDLSuper55

    phlashman

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    This sounds like a memory problem. I've had several BG mobos in my shop before with ram that barely fit the slot! Which is obviously a design screw up. That aside, try the standard memory tests...pull all but one stick...rotate them etc.

    phlashman, Jun 30, 2010