GA-K8NE(rev 2.0) Sporadic Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by petro62, Feb 4, 2007.

  1. petro62

    petro62

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2007
    Ok I built myself a htpc using Windows Media Center. I thought everything was running fine, but here lately on restarts(and sometimes when I come from work it has this as well) I get the blue screen of death. Here is a summary of the message displayed:

    Now I am not sure why this is happening while I am at work, but I know that when I restart and this comes up it is usually when windows is either about to get to the welcome screen or just got to the welcome screen. So far I have been able to just reboot a couple times and it will load up fine. The computer works fine from there on out, but it still has me baffled. I was linked to a thread on these forums about SATA problems with Vista that seem very similar to this, but I will let you all decide and here is my hardware:

    Case: Athenatech A3701BB Black Aluminum Face Plate / Steel Chassis ATX
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz Socket AM2
    Mobo: MSI K9N Neo-F Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX
    Ram: OCZ Value Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)
    HDD: SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD321KJ 320GB 7200 RPM
    Tuner: Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE
    Video: ASUS EN7300LE/HTD/128M GeForce 7300LE Supporting to 512MB
    PSU: SeaSonic S12-330 ATX12V 330W
    DVD: NEC 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM
    Wireless: LINKSYS WMP54G 32bit PCI2.2 Wireless-G Adapter

    Thanks for any help in advance

    John

    petro62, Feb 4, 2007
  2. petro62