Gateway monitor vx700

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by bloom, Jan 18, 2009.

1. bloom

bloom

My monitor is about 3 years old. Over the past few months I have noticed a problem developing that has come to an abrubt shutdown today.
    Several mornings I found that there was a continual clicking sound coming from the monitor that was not there when I left it at shut down. Each time this occured I would turn everything off/on at the power strip and it would be fine. It almost seemed that it was attempting to start up without my help!!
    At the end of the day I turn off the computer and the monitor. I do not turn off the power strip.
    When turning it back on I turn on the hard drive then the monitor.
    Today, when I sat down I noticed the clicking sound again. I proceeded to start up by powering up the hard drive but when I tried the monitor..the green light would not come on, yet the clicking continued. I hit the power switch off...counted to 40...clicked it back on and tried to power up again. Same thing. Click, click,...still clicking!
    Is my monitor repairable or need I start looking for a new one? Help!

bloom, Jan 18, 2009
Ask a Question