GIGABYTE GA7ZXR AMD Socket A Board

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Prunesqualor, Oct 9, 2006.

  1. Prunesqualor

    Prunesqualor

    Hi

    I have the above motherboard fitted with an AMD Athlon 1.1GHz processor

    When I boot the pc the light on the motherboard comes on as does the cooling fan for the processor. I can hear the hard drive and CD Rom Drive initialising but the monitor doesn't come on and the pc just seems to halt.

    I have tried substituting the processor with one taken from a working system

    I have tried known good memory sticks and graphics cards and the monitor works fine on my sons computer. On my pc the monitor light comes on but continues to flash

    I'm at my wits end having spent four weekends trying to resolve this!

    Have I missed something obvious such as jumper or switch settings

    Any help would be very much appreciated

    Prunesqualor, Oct 9, 2006