Gigabyte ud3h has 4 long beeps....

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by poke927, Mar 23, 2010.

1. poke927

poke927

Hello,
    I have a Gigabyte UD3h motherboard and a video card... 2 sticks of ram (4g each) and processor and all the basic stuff to run the computer... I keep getting 4 long beeps when I boot up. I have already tried booting it up with just 1 stick of ram, cpu, onboard video and all the basic stuff... It still beeps 4 times.. anyone know what could be the problem... I'm thinking it could be the motherboard.. but rather ask first. Thanks.

poke927, Mar 23, 2010
  2. poke927

darryl

beep codes

I'm rusty at this, but if you know what bios your motherboard is using, go to that bios's webpage (for instance if using the Award bios, go there) and search for the beep codes. You will find an explanation for what four long beeps means. It will start you on your way to troubleshooting the problem. Good luck and report back for what you've found. Or, knowing the bios being used, just google that bios's beep codes. same difference
    darryl

darryl, Apr 27, 2010
  3. poke927

phlashman

4 beeps: Timer not operational (This code is almost always a fatal one)...Sorry. Time to think about another board.

phlashman, Jun 30, 2010
Ask a Question