  1. bob1679

    bob1679

    hi all just fitted a new asus P5KPL-AM SE motherboard in to my acer aspire pc but all i get is a green light on the board nothing else works no beeps no fans nothing can any one help me please :confused:

    bob1679, Jul 27, 2013
  2. bob1679

    Kip Mcgee

    Check Your Powersupply

    Unhook your SMPS from the MB then using a digital dc volt meter. Check all voltages related .to ground .,You can turn on the supply by shorting the green wire to ground.
    You may want to open it up and look for slight swelling on the ends in the secondary filter caps. CAUTION do not open it while plugged into AC wall outlit.There are 300 Volts on the Primary caps and the heatsinks
    You can post the voltages on here if you would like .This is my first message I have answered. If Motherboard point sends me a reminder email I will answer you back.You can easily look up what the voltages are supposed to be. They can only be off a little tiny bit.

    Kip Mcgee, Jul 30, 2013