Help I Screwd Up Upgrading Bio

Discussion in 'Asus' started by davidw89, Jul 15, 2007.

  1. davidw89

    davidw89

    Heres the current situation:

    While trying to update my motherboard (P4PE ASUS) to the latest bio version (1002 to 1007) i used the ASUS LIVE UPDATE program. Subsequently, i screwed the updating and didn't back up the original file (it says it failed after flashing to verify if it was correct).

    After rebooting the computer, it wont start up instead telling me to:

    SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE. PLEASE ENTER SYSTEM DISK

    That's when i went to the website and went to 'how to update your bios' section only to find 4 different ways to update your bios:
    http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us
    AFLASH BIOS
    AFUDOS BIOS
    AWDFLASH BIOS
    FlashK7M BIOS Tool K7M
    WHICH GUIDE DO I FOLLOW?

    I downloaded these 3 files: AFLASH.EXE, p4pe1007.awd, p4pe1002.awd WHere aflash is the bio updater and p4pe1002.awd is the old bio that i need to reflash and p4pe1007.awd is the new bio.

    Taking my chances i went for AFLASHBIO (don't know if this is the right one though) i created a bootable CD following instructions from:

    http://www.biosflash.com/e/bios-boot-cd.htm
    (putting the files into the cd) and then attempted to boot. It worked:
    Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM
    1.44MB Deskette
    Starting Colldera DR-DOS

    then A:/>
    Then i try to access my cd drive
    A:/>D:
    A:/>E:
    A:/>F:
    A:/>G:
    A:/>H:
    A:/>I:
    A:/>J:
    and so on (since drive a, b, c cant be my disc drive)
    but it says INVALID DRIVE SPECIFIED
    and i get lost...

    Instead i went for another option with another different instruction:
    http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/
    Clean Bootable CD-Rom (for BIOS upgrade) [updated! may 6, 2005]
    Copying the 3 files onto this directory according to the instruction:
    cds\clean\bootdisk\

    But when attempting to boot up:

    Boot from ATAPI CDROM:
    2.88MB Diskette
    ROOT FAT KERNELGO!

    and freezes/doesn't work after that

    Now iam really confused as to what to do!!!!!!! Please someone help me asi cant use my other computer

    davidw89, Jul 15, 2007