hp dv6 3000 electrical issues

Discussion in 'HP' started by joroboyvn, Jul 12, 2012.

1. joroboyvn

joroboyvn

Hi all, I'm new in here and I'm coming with my problems:)
    I have an HP DV6z 3000, and yesterday my computer stopped charging the battery. As I investigate the problem I found out that everything works (the battery and the charger) and electricity goes to the motherboard. Removed the battery and plugged the charger and nothing, even the led light was not switching on. Put back the battery and the computer started but was not charging and there was np indication that the charger was in,like it was broken. Took the voltmeter, the charger was fine (19.7V), checked the jumper cable that goes to the motherboard and again same voltage. Most likely it is related to the motherboard and tried to locate the power fuse but couldn't! If you have any suggestions please help!!!

joroboyvn, Jul 12, 2012
  2. joroboyvn

sherry lee

can i help u

hi
    this is sherry a saleswoman for motherboard and laptop parts .a client of mine has met the similary problem like yours ,he said that when he plug the battery , the laptop can not be lighted , if he take out the battery and just use the charge , the laptop can be used .
    so if it means that when u plug the battery , the laptop sotp charge ?

sherry lee, Jul 14, 2012
  3. joroboyvn

joroboyvn

I have the opposite problem! It works on battery but does not work on charger only. I have replaced the motherboard, it started ok but after 2 min shut down. Tried to restart it and when I pressed the power button it started for a second and shut off, after 3 attempts I gave up and put the battery. It started ok but when I plugged back the charger nothing happened, the charging led was off and the battery was not charging. I guess there might be shortening somewhere on the power circuit on the motherboard but can't find what's causing it. If anyone had similar problem please help.

joroboyvn, Jul 19, 2012
Ask a Question