    Hello everybody :)
    I am in desperate need of parts numbers that can only be found on the manufacturers BoM (Bill of Materials). The part numbers I seek are for reference designators PC807, PC808, PC809 and PR805. Any help tracking down these part numbers would be greatly appreciated!

    20150916110535.jpg

    Tech4kicks, Sep 18, 2015

  2. Tech4kicks

    Qwasyx

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    I opened my Pavilion dv7-6b55sg laptop up last night after the only thing that would happen after plugging in was the Power-LED (on the connector) flashing, and found these exact three to be burnt through! I'm sick of HP and will be switching brands (after three of their Pavilions with overheating problems), but I am curious, what do PC807-810 do, do you know?

    Qwasyx, Sep 22, 2015

  3. Tech4kicks

    Tech4kicks

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2015
    Messages:
    2
    That's sad :-/. The ref des "PC" isn't any standard that I remember. They look like capacitors, even in this blown form (which I have seen many times first hand on a great many diff boards and forms). If I had to assume from what I can deduce in the way the board is laid out, I would also say ceramic capacitors. "U, C, Q, L and R" are all standards that you can see are used in this pic. Maybe this board manufacturer is putting the "P" before these particular one to note that they are part of the power circuit. I no longer have the tools to remove and measure them to check sadly. C = Capacitor and to see it in a group of others along with a resister close by, the before mentioned is my assumption. A techy friend just told me, the "P" before the "C", could indicate Polarized...

    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Tech4kicks, Sep 22, 2015